No. A police officer can stop and search your car and anyone in it, if they reasonably suspect that there is something in the vehicle such as:
- a weapon
- a dangerous drug
- stolen property
- tools to break into houses or cars
- something that you plan to use to hurt yourself or somebody else
- evidence that someone has committed an indictable offence (and this evidence may be hidden or destroyed).
A police officer can also stop and search a vehicle:
- to arrest someone in the vehicle
- if they reasonably suspect the vehicle is being used unlawfully
- if they reasonably suspect that the vehicle is being used by or is in the possession of a participant in a criminal organisation.